Stand up. Speak out. Make a difference.
You can help raise awareness about the harm caused by black market alcohol sales. By making a clear commitment to purchasing from legal sources, you can also reassure your customers that the drinks they purchase from your establishment don’t fuel harmful and violent gang activity in Edmonton.
We’ve introduced the Legally Sourced badge system to help responsible business owners show their commitment to legal sourcing. Join the community of Edmonton bars, restaurants and liquor stores that are speaking out against the sale of stolen liquor.
GET YOUR BADGE.
Read and accept the pledge, and then fill out the form below, to receive a Legally Sourced Liquor badge to display on your premises.
Legally Sourced Liquor Sold Here
This establishment sells alcohol from legal and legitimate sources only.
Purchasing and reselling stolen liquor fuels organized crime, which comes at an enormous cost to our communities. We pledge to our customers and neighbours that we will never take part in an illegal black market that helps criminal organizations spread violence, exploitation and the illegal drug trade.
Just as we urge our customers to drink responsibly, we promise to source our products responsibly. Together, we can help put an end to liquor theft and resale in Edmonton.
To do our part, we’ve committed to:
- Providing training for our staff around this issue and taking all possible steps to protect their safety
- Purchasing inventory only from sources we know to be legal and legitimate
- Immediately reporting to the police any suspected effort by criminal organizations to sell to us
- Raising awareness of the societal and human costs of black-market liquor within our professional network
- Holding other liquor store/restaurant/bar owners in our network accountable for legal sourcing and reporting any instances where we suspect stolen liquor is being sold
You’re in good company.
The following stores, restaurants and bars have taken the Safe & Legal pledge.